Asta is a leading full-service technology and consulting agency. Beyond our IT acumen in software, web and mobile app development, our fit-for-purpose managed service solutions and our ground-breaking AI and blockchain technologies, there’s something more.
Our relentless commitment to people. And not just our customers, but our team.
Our people are great at what they do and love to push the boundaries to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
About the Job:
As our Service Desk Team Lead you will provide direction and inspiration to our Intern and Level 1 & 2 System Analysts, driving employee engagement and ensuring the team are communicated with effectively.
You will be as passionate and driven as the team members you lead, and pride yourself on your ability to offer an extraordinary customer experience.
To be successful in this role you must have a strong technical background (Level 2 or above) and prior experience managing an IT Service Desk, preferably in a Managed Services environment.
What will you be doing?
- Direct line management for a team of around 15 service desk analysts, providing feedback through 1:1s and formal reviews
- Monitoring and managing the service desk analysts’ daily performance and productivity, assigning workload and tasks to meet changing client demands
- Mentoring and coaching members of the team, acting as a hierarchical and technical escalation point
- Responsible for all tickets currently assigned to the service desk queue, monitoring breach status and open backlog, prioritising effort and time to meet customer SLAs and KPIs
- Engagement point with management for service improvements and initiatives to improve the client offering
- Supporting the service transition process, onboarding new customer and new customer processes/technologies.
- Provide input and reporting for service desk resource forecasting and planning on a regular basis.
What Sets You Apart?
- A strong technical background
- Previous experience managing a service desk in a fast-paced technology environment
- Working knowledge of the ITIL processes, Incident and Request Management
- Proven ability to engage and negotiate with people, and develop and maintain effective relationships
- Experience in prioritising the work of others
- An ability to communicate with executives and business stakeholders
- An understanding of data-driven decision-making
- Experience with Autotask (highly regarded)
What can we offer you?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if our team is happy, we're happy!
- Happy Birthday To You! - Once you pass your probation period with us, you get to enjoy your birthday off, fully paid by us. It’s our birthday gift to you.
- Save Save Save - Our HR Platform gives you access to hundreds of savings every day, from money off top brand items, to supermarket and travel savings.
- Employee Assistance Program - Free assistance is on hand 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That goes for your immediate family as well, because your family is our family too.
- Referral Scheme - Know the perfect person to join the team, or the perfect client we can assist? You could pocket $800 for putting in the good word.
- Flexibility - We know that some people thrive in an office environment and others work better from home. The choice will always be yours to mix up your work environment however you decide.
- Training - We know you don’t want to stand still in your career so we create a personalised training plan specifically focused on your career growth, reviewed and updated every quarter.
- Get Paid In Bitcoin - We love all things IT and technology and so all of our Asta employees have the option to receive a % of their salary in Bitcoin.
Everything we do at Asta is driven by our core values: One Team, Relentless Client Focus, Trust, Loyalty & Honesty. Our people love what they do, enjoy working together and thrive in our culture of growth and development.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now - we’d love to hear from you!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
- All short-listed candidates will be subject to a National Police Check